Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The year of Cinnamon

February 9, 2010

It was a sunny, but cold day. When I got home from work, Cinn bounded across the floor joyous and oblivious to me. Hustling her downstairs, as is our daily ritual, she ate supper so quickly that I could have sworn that she ate every kernel of food as it fell from the scoop toward the bowl. After supper, she charged up the stairs in eager anticipation of her daily walk. She rounded the corner just as I gathered her leash, little poop bags, and treats.

"Will you be going by the mailbox?" Trace asked, Oblivious to my newfound plan.

"We sure can," I replied.

Eyeing her packages on the shoe rack, I added, "In fact, we might just swing by the post office downtown."

"Um, o.k., sure."

Cinn and I set off. We dutifully stopped at the mailbox and the post office, dropping off parcels and picking up Tracie's Lee Valley Tools catalogue. Then we set off for the tourist info booth and adventure.

When we arrived at the info booth, we wandered around the entire booth without incident. Cinn had a wonderful time, dancing spritely through the muddy landscape and kicking dirty spring mud all over my clothing. Without incident other than Cinn deciding to take a dump in the xeriscaping that is. Scooping up her poop with a handful of their rocks, I slipped it into the bear proof garbage as innocuously as possible before sneaking off to the car and heading home.

We snuggled and enjoyed the rest of the night before Trace and I snuck off to enjoy a "Toonie Tuesday" special at K.F.C.. As the night sky darkened, I let Cinn out to eliminate before tucking her in with our traditional twenty one kisses. It was a great way to start her year.

No comments:

Post a Comment