Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dedication

Arthur and Zoey: A Story About Love:
For Finn because parents know when time is short, and last night I closed my eyes to watch your entire life. I loved you for every moment of it.
For Cinn because the only one that loved him more than me was you.
For Shake because you know that love can manifest in the strangest ways between the strangest of partners.
For everyone else because I have no other way of sharing them, and even if every word sears my soul and rends my heart. If I have to, I will write this from behind a mask of tears; because love is too rare and too precious and too perfect to ever be allowed to die.
For Paul, who was there at the start and there at the end. Thanks for helping them all.
For Paula, who was always Cinnamon's guardian angel. For the care that she bestowed.
For Nicole for the love that we shared for them in spite of our problems together.
For my parents who taught me the important things– the things that the animals reminded me about
For Jon who, I sense, already understands
For Tracie because I love you more than anything, and I want you to know the dogs that I knew and to understand.



If the flap of a butterflies’ wings has the power to create a hurricane, what then is the power of a dog’s love?

I will carry you with me when I am forced to walk through all of the dark places between here and there. Until we meet again.

Love, loyalty, lamentation

No comments:

Post a Comment