Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I have not kept up lately as faithfully as I should.  Cinn has had a really good couple of weeks though.  She's been to the park daily, had to spend some time with Shannon and Petal (who she really seems to like), and has gone to Kamloops with Tracie and I.  Throughout it all, she was her usual, smiling self.

The day in Kamloops, however, was not without stress.  We went to Tracie's wool store, and Cinn and I had a coffee at Starbucks next door.  She made friends with the girl who was cleaning the patio, got smiles from nearly everyone, and pets from a few passers by.  After that, we went to several stores to do our grocery shopping.  Between Coopers and the health food store, we obtained everything but Tracie's coffee.  She thought that we might as well go home without it, but I told her that we might as well check out Zellers first. 

Tracie went into the store, while I sat outside with Cinn.  The sun was very hot that afternoon, so we could not just leave her alone in the car.  Scanning the parking lot and seeing no one else there, I thought that it was probably a good time to let her out to go to the bathroom.  She hopped out, but immediately began limping and hopping.  I moved to pick her up, but she started walking normally.  She did her business, walked around again, and started hopping and limping.  Strangely enough, she stopped again when I moved to pick her up. 

Thinking that she was just being stubborn, I walked her back toward the car on her leash.  As we moved, she began the hopping and limping again.  This time, however, I thought that I knew the origin.  I led her back into the shadow of the building, where she stopped carrying on nearly immediately.  I realized at this point that the pavement was so hot that my pup was burning her feet whenever we walked on the part that the sun was hitting.  When she stood in the part that was shaded by the building, the heat was bearable. 

Feeling a lot better, I bundled her into the car.  Trace came out shortly.  Following that, we grabbed some food for supper and headed home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment